last moon

sabato 28 gennaio 2017

The supremacy of law


It has not been a surprise the Supreme Court vote on the Brexit affair. At least for those who know the long, noble history of both English legislative and Judicial powers. 
On the other end we all know that between the legislative power (the Parliament) and the executive power (id est the Governement) the first is higher.
The law is to uphold over ministers.
Legally and logically: if the Parliament has delivered the entry of Great Britain in the EU, how could the Governement only think to ride the Country out of it without consulting the Parliament?
Someone may say that the Electorate is much more worth than the same Members of Parliament (who eventually are elected by the Electorate). But in this sick democracy we are liveing  in I'm not sure the Electorate is really free in his thoughts.
I'm thinking, for instance, of press and television's power. 
Papers and television are able to influence the Electorate more than we might think.
And I'm not sure either that another vote, today, would see the Brexit's prevail.
Of course I know that the televisions and the papers are part of the society and if people believe on what they write and say that makes democracy going on.
But let me please rebut that if ten people are able to make twenty millions of electors to think as they want the, to think, then we are not living in a democracy (we are live in a plutocracy or in a mediocracy).
And let me please say another thing: I'm very worried about this secret or evident powers, as far as they in a certain way are allowing politicians dealmakers and warmongers to rule the world who knows where about (I hope they won't lead us in the brink of a precipice).
And for the memory of Jo Cox (and for her bllod spread for European Unity) I hope the British Parliament will reconsider at least the importance of the    single market, the customs union and free movements of goods and people all over Europe (including all the Great Britain).
I respect the will of  the majority of British people, as expressed in the referendum of last June, but I wanted all Britons great with the other Europeans (Italians, French, Germans, Spanish) and not with the NorthAmericans (though I feel sentiments of friendship even with the Americans).
And I don't want see the Europeans making war with each other like in the past.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento